A Clean Solution – Raleigh, NC’s Most Trusted Name In Oriental, Wool & Area Rug Cleaning Services
!!!! MAY IS MOTH EGG LAYING MONTH !!!!
What does this mean and why is it important? In North Carolina, during the month of May moths lay their eggs. Moths look for dark areas (closets, under furniture and under area rugs) to lay the eggs. When the eggs that are laid under wool area rug hatch, there is instant food for the larva, the wool fibers. Some moths can stay in the larva stage for up to 2 years before they become adult moths. A tremendous amount of damage can be done if the larva are not detected and removed. It is the consensus of rug experts that moths will attack dirty rugs or rugs that have urine contamination before they go after a clean and maintained rug. A Clean Solution is the go to company for moth detection, removal and treatment. Give us a call at 919-878-1915 TODAY.
A Clean Solution is the resource for high-quality, professional hand wash oriental rug cleaning in Raleigh NC. We provide area rug cleaning services to residential customers as well as other cleaning companies that do not have the facilities required to properly care for oriental rugs, Persian rugs or other specialty area rugs. Call 919-878-1915 today to schedule a time for your oriental rugs to visit our professional Raleigh rug cleaners.
Why Chose A Clean Solution?
- All rugs are individually hand washed
- All rugs are washed in a continuous river of clean cold water
- A Clean Solution never uses bleach or harmful chemicals
- No automated machines and no steam cleaning
- No multi-rug wash tubs
Some Raleigh rug cleaning companies will combine your rug with up to 10 other rugs (that may have pet urine or mold contamination!) in a washing tub (Turkish Bath) filled with harmful chemicals such as chlorine. Chlorine will shorten the life of a rug significantly.
Caution: Wool, silk and specialty rugs should not be steam cleaned by a carpet cleaner! This is for wall to wall nylon carpet. Steam cleaning can cause oriental rug fibers to degrade and colors to bleed.
Caring for Oriental Rugs & Wool Area Rugs
Your oriental rugs are beautiful works of art — and they are also significant investments, so choose your Raleigh rug cleaner carefully. Because oriental rugs are constructed differently than wall-to-wall carpeting, they trap more dust, dirt and allergens. Vacuuming regularly helps, they, but wool rugs require special cleaning methods. A Clean Solution recommends that oriental rugs be professionally cleaned every 12 to 24 months depending on where the rugs are placed in the house. Entry way and hallway rugs require attention more often than rugs in rooms that are not used very often.
Oriental rug cleaning is a time-consuming process that requires a special facility. A Clean Solution has constructed a Rug Salon precisely for this purpose. Because the resources required for proper rug care are not available to our Raleigh rug cleaning technicians while out on calls, proper specialty rug cleaning cannot be performed at your location. While at our facility, your wool and oriental rugs will undergo 7 steps of thorough pampering: from our Raleigh rug cleaners:
The Salon Treatment:
- Examination – We test for dye stability and look for any damage or special conditions that may need to be brought to your attention before cleaning begins.
- Dry soil removal – The most important step in the process, it is also often overlooked by other rug cleaners. Wool rugs can hold 1 pound of dry soil per square foot! This is the most destructive type of soil for wool rugs and MUST be removed before cleaning.
- Pet urine decontamination - when necessary, the rugs are placed in a neutralizing bath to remove the urine salts and odors. This allows A Clean Solution to give a 100% Urine Odor Removal Guarantee.
- Preconditioning – Each rug is preconditioned with a wool-safe cleaning agent.
- Wash & rinse – A rich, foaming wash and cold water rinse flush soils and contaminants from the rug.
- Drying – The rug is groomed and dried in a controlled chamber with air movers, dehumidifiers and heat.
- Detailing – The fringes and face fibers are detailed and the rug is prepared to be returned.
- Protectant Application - A high-quality protectant applied to rug to guard rug fibers from soil and stains.
- Fiber Rejuvenation - A Clean Solution has a specialty product that softens and moisturizes the wool and enhances the colors.
- Moth Repellant – A solution applied to wool fibers to prevent moths from eating the rug.
- Allergen Treatment - A hypoallergenic treatment applied to control dust mites and animal dander.
- Rug Pads - A Clean Solution can provide a custom rug pad to prevent your rug from moving and to increase the life of your rug.
Rug Cleaning FAQ’s
Can you clean rugs that have pet urine in them? Yes! A Clean Solution can guarantee pet urine odor removal. Our rug cleaners in Raleigh, NC can add an additional process between step 2 and step 3, submerging the wool rug in a urine and odor neutralizer for up to 8 hours. When pet urine is deposited on the rug, the fibers absorb it all the way to the core of the fiber. A standard Raleigh rug cleaning will clean the outside of the fiber, but will not neutralize the odor in the core of the fiber. Many of our new clients call us with rugs that have been cleaned by other oriental rug cleaners, but still have a bad odor. Often, the rugs were surface cleaned with no attention paid to the odor problem, or they were cleaned at the customer’s location where proper decontamination cannot be performed.
Can oriental rugs be cleaned inside my home? To a degree. On-site oriental rug cleaning can be performed, but there are some risks and air quality issues. First, wet wool smells like wet sheep (very bad). Second, without the dry soil removal process, the dry soils in the rug fibers will turn into mud when water and cleaning solution comes in contact with them. This makes the soils very difficult and sometimes impossible to remove and can cause problems for future cleanings. Drying is also a problem. If wool rugs are not dried quickly, browning and dye bleeding can occur. Lastly, the fringes can not be properly cleaned on site.
Call Raleigh, NC’s Oriental Rug Cleaning Professionals!
A Clean Solution is proud to provide oriental, specialty and wool rug cleaning for residential and commercial clients in Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, Wake Forest, Morrisville, Chapel Hill, Garner, Knightdale, Wendell, Zebulon and Rolesville NC and the surrounding areas. Contact your Raleigh rug cleaner at 919-878-1915 today for specialty area rug cleaning services — your rugs will be glad you did!