How To Remove Pet Hair/Fur From Furniture
Saturday, March 24, 2012
One of the most often asked questions we get regarding furniture is “How can I get the pet fur off of the fabric?”
The following items will be needed: vacuum cleaner with a wand attachment, rubber dish washing gloves, a small bucket of water or a wet towel and a trash bag.
The process is:
- First, vacuum the furniture to remove as much of the fur as possible. If the fur is not very heavy, this may be all that is required.
- Next, put the rubber gloves on. Dip the gloves in the bucket of water or get them damp (not dripping wet, just damp) with the towel.
- Rub the gloves across the furniture starting with side to side strokes, then using up and down strokes. The fur will start to collect on the gloves. Remove the fur from the gloves and place in the trash bag.
- Continue on until you have covered the entire piece of furniture.
- Finish up with the vacuum again to collect any loose fur that remains.
This process will help keep your furniture looking good between annual cleanings. We recomment that furniture be professionally cleaned and protected every 6 to 12 months to maintain the performance of the fabric and to maintain a healthy indoor air quality.
If you need assistance or have questions, contact our Raleigh carpet cleaners at 919-878-1915 or visit us at: